Which Anti-virus do you use

Deep thoughts are required here. Do you have what it takes to debate logically or is it donkey-ass logic?

Which Anti-virus do you use

Postby chilero » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:07 pm

I only use Windows Defender as I don't trust the other anti-virus venders. While some of you falsely believe that it is better to have another company's product protect you, here comes an article that has both a former Firefox engineer and a security engineer from Chrome telling you otherwise.

O'Callahan, a Mozilla veteran who departed the non-profit last year, says there's little evidence non-Microsoft AV improves PC security, while recent bugs discovered by Google's Project Zero team show that many widely-used AV products create a greater surface for attackers to exploit.

The ex-Mozilla engineer decided to warn users against AV after Chrome security engineer Justin Schuh blasted AV vendors for introducing numerous security issues to Chrome, breaking its security features, such as HSTS pinning, and "piling dodgy format parsing and other unsafe code into the kernel".

The only circumstance that non-Microsoft AV might help is for PCs still running seven-year-old Windows 7, or unsupported Windows XP. In these cases, third-party AV "might make you slightly less doomed", according to O'Callahan.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/ex-top-moz ... -defender/
chilero

Re: Which Anti-virus do you use

Postby dr22 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:44 am

I use Karpowsky :oops: :cry:
dr22

Postby Xplizit~Nightstalker » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:33 pm

I use Avast.

Rob uses FProt, he said it was pretty good.

Matt
Xplizit~Nightstalker
Xplizit~Nightstalker

Postby tdiben2 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:51 pm

Not bothered with anything in years, although with my kids starting to get of age to surf soon I will probably have to figure out something.
tdiben2

Return to Donkey-Ass Logic Board & Cynics Corner