Unexplained and inequitable ban

Kicked/Banned from a DAM Server? Want to Report a Player? This is the place - Keep it Civil!
Forum rules
The Beaver Court is a forum dedicated to dispute resolution, kicked or banned clarifications and reprieves as well as reporting another player who is affecting the overall enjoyment on a DAM server. Ranting, whining without cause and generally being a doosh in this forum will likely result in a forum ban. Keep it Civil!!

Unexplained and inequitable ban

Postby guile8052 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:31 pm

i was banned from the " ***[DAM] 24/7 Conquest*** NOOB FRIENDLY/HIGH POINTS" Server in BF4 after a particularly good round. There was no admin warning or question, nor any complaints or accusations about my play style or from anyone spectating me. Obviously I don't appreciate being banned for no justified reason, especially if it was something to effect of being a higher rank or skill level than most players. Attached is the URL pertaining to the round in which I was banned. In-game name is the same as here, Guile8052. I would appreciate the ban being removed in a timely manner so I can resume playing. I've been playing on this server a while and have come to like it, so at the very least I need an explanation.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ba ... 245287342/
guile8052

Re: Unexplained and inequitable ban

Postby Bob Munden » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:58 pm

We had a couple people question your ability (based on the 73-4 K/D). Kind of raises some eyebrows.

I checked out your stats and don't think that you are hacking. It was only a 60 minute ban. I'll go ahead and lift it now.

Enjoy the server.
Bob Munden

Postby Xplizit~Nightstalker » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:14 pm

As admin you have to understand that we need to investigate unusual game play. We sometimes issue temporary bans while investigating so players see we actually take action.

Upon review we have found you to be clear, you are no longer banned.

Matt
Xplizit~Nightstalker
Xplizit~Nightstalker

Postby guile8052 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:31 pm

Much appreciated. Thank you.
guile8052

Postby guile8052 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:59 pm

I'd thought the matter with bans from this server was closed, but it's now happened again. Like anyone else who plays battlefield I enjoy playing with friends. It's extremely frustrating to be moved out of my squad and onto the other team because we're winning, then being kicked for moving back. Rinse and repeat, and eventually become banned for telling the admin to move people who aren't squading up and working together instead of breaking up people who like to play with one another. Official reason was "disrespect". You can imagine this is extremely frustrating, especially considering that there was no communication whatsoever from admin prior to any of the teamswitching, kicking, or the ban.
guile8052

Postby allfive6 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:20 pm

actual I banned him for being a dick not cheating I see no reason to unban you at this time. your team was winning by over 500 tickets teams needed to be balanced I moved both you and your friend to the other team but you keep moving back that's what got you the kick. The ban was for your in game comments.
Image Image
allfive6

Skype Username: allfive6

Postby guile8052 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:49 pm

allfive6 please reread for context. Most recent post, not the one from last month. You addressed none of what I just brought up.
guile8052

Postby allfive6 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:50 am

guile8052 wrote:allfive6 please reread for context. Most recent post, not the one from last month. You addressed none of what I just brought up.

I did read your most recent post for content. Your clearly a skilled player and not someone who does not see a team stack. You where moved along with your friends (wearing the same tags has you )to the other team but you keep moving back to the winning team . I know you don't give a shit but we try to run the server for everyone to enjoy, when the team are that stacked it causes the server to die off because no one like to lose by 500 ticket every round. If in the future we remove the ban (unlikely I am prick like that) don't switch back that simple.
Image Image
allfive6

Skype Username: allfive6

Postby TomasGunz » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:34 am

We try really hard to keep the servers even. If the way we run the servers does not meet your expectations, there are hundreds of servers that do not care about keeping it fun.
TomasGunz

Postby Ranlak » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:56 pm

Well I'm glad to see there's more than one server out there that doesn't enjoy the antics of guile8052

I've kept a few notes on him from my server. Bad for business.
Ranlak

Postby Bob Munden » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:40 pm

Thanks RJ.

I'll go ahead and close this now.
Bob Munden

Return to Beaver Court